Traco Earns Gold Certification from PPG
PPG is pleased to introduce Traco as the first company to achieve Gold Certification from the PPG Certified Commercial Window Fabricator Program (PPG/CCWF) and the PPG Certified Applicator Program (PPG/CAP).
Traco has spent more than 65 years developing processes and technology to give its windows and doors a competitive edge in the marketplace. Now that commitment to superior products and service is exemplified in Gold Certification for window fabrication and coatings from PPG.
How We Earned It...
To achieve Gold Certification, Traco passes comprehensive, annual audits encompassing every aspect of their fabricating operation, from glass storage and handling, to cutting, seaming, edge deletion, washing, tempering, insulating glass assembly (including sealant coverage and adhesion) and final packaging/shipping. Traco also maintains industry-standard certifications for coatings performance (AAMA 2605) and insulating glass testing (ASTM E773/774).
What It Means To You
In return, Traco rewards customers with an enviable array of cost- and time-saving benefits that include...
- Priority access to high-performance Solarban® solar control, low-e glasses including PPG's awarding-winning Solarban 70XL glass
- Priority access to proprietary DURANAR® coatings
- Priority service on color samples for coatings
- Shortened lead times for high-performance, low-e coatings
- Accelerated delivery to customer jobsites
- Convenient access to replacement materials
- Major project assistance
- Access to the world's largest coatings color database
- Access to Cradle to Cradle-certified PPG glass products that have the potential to help specifying architects and building owners earn LEED® innovation credits for finished projects.
Traco manufactures windows and doors at a vertically integrated 1 million square-foot headquarters facility in Cranberry Township, Pa. Operations are scheduled, optimized, displayed and documented by an internal computerized network.
Traco tempers and laminates glass in-house and applies PPG coatings in a four-booth electrostatic spray process and bake oven to meet AAMA 2603, 2604 and 2605 standards. Traco anodize process provides AAMA 611 Color Class 1 or AAMA Anodize Finish.
Through research and development, and by setting the highest standards for structural, thermal, air and water performance, Traco has been selected to provide windows and doors for the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and other cherished American landmarks. To learn more, visit www.traco.com.